Thursday, October 19, 2017
10:00 a.m. PDT | 11:00 MDT | 12:00 CDT | 1:00 EDT (Duration 90-120 minutes)
In less than two months, important changes relating to Chapter 13 bankruptcy plans and plan objections will take effect. These changes include a new official “Chapter 13 Plan” that will be used by most courts, new deadlines, and new rules that will affect the rights of creditors (particularly secured creditors) after plans are confirmed. (These changes are separate from the changes affecting proofs of claim, which were discussed in a NorthLegal webinar last month.)
On Thursday, October 19, attorney Eric North will help consumer financial institutions prepare for the new rules in a webinar that will address the changes as well as other aspects of the Chapter 13 plan objection and confirmation process. Topics will include:
* A detailed discussion of the new official Chapter 13 Plan, how to analyze it, and how it helps and hurts you
* What to look for in districts that do not adopt the official Chapter 13 Plan
* New deadlines for objecting to confirmation of Chapter 13 Plans
* New risks to your secured claims and how to protect against them
* How to determine the amount you will be paid on your secured claim
* How to determine when you will be paid on your secured claim (and how to be paid sooner)
For more information, call NorthLegal Training and Publications at 623.537.7150.
Speaker Eric North, Eric North the primary speaker at the programs listed on this site, has represented the interests of credit unions and other financial institutions as an attorney with respect to litigation, compliance, governance, bankruptcy and collections matters since 1984. Eric has appeared in state and federal courts throughout the State of California, and has argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal. Eric is also a nationally recognized speaker on legal issues relating to consumer lending institutions, and has presented hundreds of programs on behalf of national, state and local leagues and associations from around the country.
NorthLegal Training and Publications,
5115 N. Dysart Rd, No. 202-500, Litchfield