For Immediate Release
March 13, 2015 – The Council of Repossession Professionals established in 2013, has set forth the definition of a “Voluntary Repossession” as the Industry Standard.
What Is A Voluntary Repossession?
A voluntary repossession only occurs when:
- The repossession agency is provided with accurate debtor contact information.
- Contact with the debtor is made using the contact information provided.
- An appointment is made with the debtor establishing the date, time and location that the collateral is to be repossessed.
- The appointment is kept.
- The keys are surrendered at or before the time of repossession.
- All personal effects have been removed from the collateral.
“The CORP” is a cooperative group which represents over a thousand independent repossession companies and offices throughout the country.”
The Council of Repossession Professionals consists of 2 members from each of the following trade groups:
For more information please visit the website at: www.councilofrepossessionprofessionals.com/