Recovery Industry Services Company (RISC) is proud to continually enhance and support our RISC Compliant Agent Network (RISC CAN) members. With so much misinformation being dispersed we wanted to take this opportunity to explain why we feel the need for such a network. First and foremost, RISC CAN membership is open to any professional collateral recovery agency owner who can meet the stringent requirements of our network.
Since its inception in 2009, Recovery Industry Services Company (RISC) has provided compliance training and compliance forms to the collateral recovery industry. As the provider of the Certified Asset Recovery Specialist (C.A.R.S.) National Certification Program through our state licensed school, RISC Educational Systems we have graduated over 5,000 collateral recovery specialists through the C.A.R.S. Program. The C.A.R.S. Certification Program was introduced in 1999 and is nationally recognized as the premier certification program in the industry. With the C.A.R.S. Program along with Continuing Education courses, RISC has elevated the training standards across the industry.
As the concept of compliance grew from a “buzzword” to a permanent presence in the collateral recovery industry RISC developed the first comprehensive Compliance and Operations Manual that has become a template for compliance and best practices. RISC continues to bring affordable quality products, benefits and training to an ever changing and challenging industry.
Note: All our educational programs and our Compliance and Operations Manual have been reviewed by attorney, Bogdan Rentea of Rentea & Associates, Austin, Texas. Mr. Rentea is one of the most knowledgeable attorneys in the country on the repossession process.
Q. Why was RISC CAN (Compliant Agent Network) formed?
RISC was created to help collateral recovery agents improve their bottom line through a variety of services which includes risk management training, agency vetting, agent compliance tracking, agent compliance training, office and storage lot inspections, collateral recovery training, professional certification, locksmith training, locksmith supplies, key codes, job placement and recruitment services, and business consulting. With compliance mandates here to stay, the decision was made to highlight the efforts of RISC to its members and the industry by identifying our RISC members as the RISC Compliant Agent Network (RISC CAN). RISC is the only compliance company that is featured with RDN (Recovery Database Network).
Q. How are RISC CAN members different from trade association members?
RISC is a national organization that specializes in professional certification and compliance training exclusively for the collateral recovery industry. Our Compliant Agent Network members consists of recovery agency owners who are vetted based on comprehensive, objective compliance criteria without restricting membership based on area or population. RISC CAN Members are actually complementary to industry trade associations as they can showcase their company via their trade association and/or online via the RISC website.
Q. Will RISC market and advertise my business if I become a RISC CAN member?
The answer is that you, as a RISC CAN member, have the ability to market yourself via your RISC CAN profile. Your company can be searched and found on the RISC website by a lender and with your permission the lender can access your unique RISC CAN profile. Your profile can also be seen via a link within RDN back to the RISC database. In addition, RISC CAN members will receive, upon request, a list of hundreds of banks, credit unions and finance companies to market to. This allows the CAN member to market to a specific clientele or to the financial community at large.
Our goal at RISC is to provide the agency owner the tools needed to showcase their professional competency to their clients and prospective clients. RISC provides the tools for the owner to differentiate his operation from competition.
Q. What services does RISC provide me as a RISC CAN member?
As a member you will receive the following benefits:
- $1 million Client Protection Bond – the only compliance company to offer such a bond
- Company Compliance Profile – a comprehensive profile of your company designed to keep your company compliant with current client/lender mandates. The company profile includes:
- Company information
- Services the agency provides
- A copy of your insurance Acord and Workers Comp certificate (if applicable)
- Copies of applicable licenses
- A list of storage lots
- Storage lot inspection reports
- Listing of all your employees with educational credentials
Compliance Documents – You will have access to the RISC Compliance and Operations Manual, a unique manual that provides step by step procedures to make your company compliant with current CFPB and lender compliance mandates. Additional compliance documents can be found within the member dashboard area.
- Discounts on all RISC services including:
- The C.A.R.S.® National Certification Program
- The Skip-tracers National Certification Program
- Continuing Education courses
- Locksmith training
- Key Codes
- Key Blanks
- Best Practices & Business Forms Area – Documents designed to improve your company’s top and bottom lines. The forms encompass:
- Human Resources
- Educational Seminars – as RISC conducts webinars and seminars across the country, these webinars are put online within the member dashboard to access at any time. Free of charge.
- Marketing Brochure and Link to Profile – a brochure is created for marketing your company and is updated immediately as your comprehensive profile is updated. A link to your profile can also be emailed to a prospective client.
- Repossession Case Law – specific case law and opinions for every state
- Repo’s by Dummies – repossession articles specific to wrongful repossessions.
- Benefits Area – discounts on products and services from various vendors
- Risk management training and consulting
- Expert opinions on legal questions and issues.
- Licensed insurance consultant on staff to answer insurance questions and to assist in obtaining coverages at the most competitive prices.
- Business Consulting
- Legislative Template and Industry Synopsis for those who are interested in state regulationsQ. What does it cost for an agency to qualify for RISC CAN membership?
The annual subscription fee is only $795.00, which can be financed monthly. There is a one-time initial application fee of $295.00 to determine qualification. The $295.00 application fee also includes one lot inspection and one background check
To become a member of RISC CAN you must apply as an agency. Once you become a RISC CAN member you receive; a $1 Million Client Protection Bond, 15% discount off the retail price of any service we offer including the Certified Asset Recovery Specialist® (CARS®) Program and Continuing Education Programs, Key Codes, Key Blanks, Locksmith training, etc. By utilizing our services your membership will pay for itself.
Remember, at RISC our primary goal is to provide our members with education and training in areas of compliance and risk management. Once compliant, our goal is to keep you compliant through our use of technology and updated compliance documents. We are the best value in the recovery industry as no one can match our services and value.
To qualify for the RISC Compliant Agent Network (RISC CAN) membership:
- You must not have had an insurance policy or bond cancelled or denied or presently be charged or convicted of any felony within the past 5 years. s
- The owner/applicant is required to be C.A.R.S.® certified.
- The company cannot be in active bankruptcy
- All storage lots must be inspected. The cost per lot inspection is $125.00. One storage lot inspection is included in the application fee. Each storage lot must be inspected annually.
- Background check(s) required on all owner(s). One background check is included in the application fee.
- Upon request RISC can assist you in conducting an employee background check. Cost is $45.00 per background check run. RISC does not demand employee background checks as part of membership. Employee background checks should be the responsibility of the recovery agency. However, RISC can and will help when needed.
- A staff member of RISC will assist you in completing and updating your profile.
To apply for RISC CAN membership, simply visit RISC CAN Membership.
Tele: 866-996-RISC (7472)
Stamatis Ferarolis, President
Joe Taylor, Vice President
Director of Education